TO SERUM, OR NOT TO SERUM… HERE IS THE CHECKLIST
Faster and lighter probably is not something that comes to your mind when you think about your skincare products right? I mean is your skin running a marathon or something?
But when we’re speaking about serums, it’s a prized attribute for them to be light, fast absorbing liquids. The reason for this, stems down to the actual formulation as most serums are water based and eliminate oils all together.
So why use a serum and not just a face cream?
Face creams and lotions are sufficient, and they definitely will do the job but the beauty of a serum is that because most of the fluid is liquid, what you’re left with is a high concentration of active ingredients. Most serums content a potent dose of anti-ageing ingredients, such as antioxidants, peptides, and skin brighteners and they are easily absorbed into your skin. It literally is wonder in a bottle.
All this being said, you should work in accordance with your skin type and what works best for you to obtain your optimal results. In most instances, relative to your skin type, you should probably add serum as a component in your skincare regime and should not rely on it solely to add moisture.
When looking for the perfect serum, ensure that you have done our research and you are aware of what you would like your end results to be.
Below is a checklist for you to follow:
- Check the ingredients and ensure you understand what you are adding to your skin
- Make sure the ingredients are compatible with your skin type
- If possible, use the same brand type as your current moisturiser
- Align the serum’s purpose to your skin goals
- Test your serum for a few weeks and if you are not noticing any results then be prepared to try something else
Remember life is short, so go on and buy that serum!